// General Election Called for June 8th 2017

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: General Election Called for June 8th 2017  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
General Election Called for June 8th 2017
« on: Apr 20, 2017, 22:10 »
PM Teresa May has called a General Election for 8th June. It's caught a few folks on the hop by all accounts. What do you think? Are Labour electable? Will the Conservatives win by a landslide?

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
Re: General Election Called for June 8th 2017
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2017, 23:54 »
It might be a case of all of the other parties ganging up to try and make a complete mess of things.  We voted to leave the E.U but those who did not want to leave will go to extreme ends to mess up the wishes of the people. They don't know what Democracy means.   

Considering the north east has been so Labour in the past,  yet almost all voted to leave the E.U,  the only sensible vote, even for normal Labour voters, is to vote Tory. 

Let's get out and go forward.  The rest of the world want to deal with us, and the E.U WILL want to as they cannot afford to loose jobs if they do not deal with us, we buy more VW's, Citroens, SEAT.s, Renault,  and FIATS than any other country. We buy much of their agricultural produce. We could close all of their car plants within 6 to 12 months if they play awkward with us. 

Others will think differently, so lets hear what they have to say, we still have free speech here, but if Labour ever get in they intend to kerb it drastically as they have said.  Is that what people want?
Lancelot

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2017, 23:28 »
32 people read my reply and not one of them made any reply.  I can't believe that the people of the north east are so apathetic.  Come on say what you think.
Lancelot

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 17:51 »
I think I know which way I'll vote, but it'll be the party I dislike the least, rather than the one I like the most.
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 21:51 »
I think that the choice has to be "Who do you think will make the best job of Brexit?"  "Who is the most capable negotiator?"
Lancelot

Tags: