// Food Festival 2013

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Food Festival 2013  (Read 2831 times)

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
Food Festival 2013
« on: Apr 22, 2013, 09:05 »
Did anyone else go this year?

If anyone did, what did you think?

To us, they seemed to have spoilt it.
They seemed to have thought too much about "how to cope with it raining" and not enough about "what to do if it is sunny".

The bottom, bigger grass area was cordened off and not being used, this area, in previous years, had been used to host the Co-op Food demos, a couple of big marquees with food stalls, demos, arts and crafts, etc and food providers with tables, chairs, etc to be able to sit down and eat or drink.
Also the Surtees was there last year.

This year the Co-op demo was on grass on the top bit with some other stalls, most set out around the gravel walkways, meaning very little areas available to be able to sit down on the grass.
People were trying to get through gaps in the stalls to sit down behind them an what grass was available and after a while the organisers, eventually, moved the barriers from the edge of this grass area to nearer the stalls to give, at least, a little bit more to sit on.

There was a distinct lack of arts and craft stalls this year, that would have been in one of the big marquees, the odd one or two that were there had been placed in the Market Place.
One of the reasons for this lack of them may have been the organisers had doubled the price they were charging the stall holders putting the cost to them out of reach of many of them, making it not worth their while going.

There was a Beer Festival going on, as part of it, held in the Cricket Club, but we did not go as they were charging £10 each entry.
There was also food demos on at the Town Hall, again at an additional charge.

We have gone to this Food Festival each year for the last 4 or so years, but this year may well be the last if they continue to "improve" it the way they did this year.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
Re: Food Festival 2013
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:55 »
ten quid sounds a bit much
Couldn't get there myself, working!
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline Al

• Babba
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2013, 22:36 »
Was a food market, not a festival.

Boo yah!

Sold out to private event management so it doesn't cost the council.

Boo Yah!

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2013, 11:21 »
Unfortunately we missed this year's festival completely. I didn't actually realise that it had been so early in the year (looked at last year's date and it was April, so it caught us out). The weather was better this year, but disappointed to hear it's gone a bit corporate and serious.

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2013, 12:41 »
Unfortunately we missed this year's festival completely. I didn't actually realise that it had been so early in the year (looked at last year's date and it was April, so it caught us out).

Errrr, and so was this years mate, April 20th & 21st ......... May will be here in a few days time ....... or are you still looking at last months calendar?  :wink:

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2013, 13:15 »
Yes, that's what I mean. Last year we went on spec without really noticing the date. This year's came round before i'd realised another 12 months had gone by.  :oops:

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2013, 14:06 »
Well they say time seems to go faster as you get older mate ................. you will have to tell about it.  :wink: :D

Offline woodstock

• Currack
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2013, 12:55 »
I went as I hadn't been for about 5 years? - was impressed with the size of it all, tho, as mentioned above - it is just a food market...but got some nice foods tho :)

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2013, 09:21 »
The one in Durham for the Regatta was good too, although not as big. The same people seem to regularly appear in Newcastle too.
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Tags: