// alex's bets

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: alex's bets  (Read 52691 times)

Offline bazza

• Currack
alex's bets
« on: Aug 23, 2006, 23:26 »
[Admin : this thread was split from here : http://www.neforum2.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,10048.0.html]

The bulletins here say that Michael Laudrup is on Quinny's shortlist for a possible new manager... I just may have a wee bet on that one...

I have seen your bets before Alex? about as good as Sunderland's results? :D
When there is nothing more to be said....Bazza goes and says it

Advertise YOUR business

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
alex's bets
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2006, 09:32 »
I have seen your bets before Alex? about as good as Sunderland's results? :D

Hmm, am still winning more than I lose, though, pumpkin, and if I'm not mistaken I finished top of our betting thingy on here before the Forum had to move location.

The last five-game bet I put down on here I had four games spot on and only missing out on a nice lil' win when a goal came in added time in the fifth game. I admit, I don't win every time I place a bet but I tend to go for a mix of "bankers" and the odd couple of "daring" ones giving me some nice odds. When I then win I win enough money on one bet to not have to win for weeks in order to still be on top. You win some you lose some, sure, and that's part of the game, but I'm not unhappy as I do alright.

I wish more people on here would get into posting their bets, am sure I'm not the only fella who likes a good flutter. I sometimes feel a bit daft for posting them all on my own, maybe I just shouldn't bother.
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Re: Quinny's New Manager
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2006, 09:37 »
You're a bookmaker's dream mate.  :D

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2006, 09:39 »
Sarcasm doesn't suit everyone.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2006, 09:42 »
Do you put your bets on as accumulators, or are they individual wagers?

It's a well known fact that multi-bets, although they return a lot of money when you win, are the bread and butter of a bookmaker's income. No sarcasm intended and I know it's just a bit of fun.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2006, 15:08 »
I mostly place my regular bets on a bunch of about five games or so and then need all five to be correct to win anything. I've lost counts on how many times I've had just one of the five games wrong over the years and it's somewhat annoying when that happens but putting just a tenner on each five-game bet I don't lose too much when I lose and when I win I win a nice lil' sum as well. Overall if I spend, say, ?100 a month on various bets I prob win between ?150 and ?200 back. Not a massive payout but I'm not a massive gambler, I just like a lil' bet on the odd game. My biggest win came a few years back where I'd gone for six draws played straight up and all six were spot on. I don't expect to repeat that too often but it's nice when it does happen.

Phil

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2006, 16:21 »
50 - 100 per cent profit you say? That's really hard to believe ... but we can check can't we? You keep posting your bets, alex ... if you're that good we'll follow them and all get rich.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2006, 17:02 »
A trixie is always a good bet. Get only 2 from 3 right and still make a profit if the odds are ok.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2006, 18:54 »
50 - 100 per cent profit you say? That's really hard to believe ... but we can check can't we? You keep posting your bets, alex ... if you're that good we'll follow them and all get rich.

Sigh.

I don't really see why I need to prove anything, you don't believe me, fair enough, that's your call.

The point I was trying to make, though, is I don't win more than two or three times a month but when I do I win more than I've lost on the games I miss out on. Simple as that, really.

Phil

« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2006, 23:10 »

Sigh.

I don't really see why I need to prove anything, you don't believe me, fair enough, that's your call.

The point I was trying to make, though, is I don't win more than two or three times a month but when I do I win more than I've lost on the games I miss out on. Simple as that, really.

"Sigh" ... ? Well, sorry to be tedious, but you made the claim, the onus is on you to provide supporting evidence. It's got nothing to do with belief ... it's quantifiable.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2006, 23:16 »

Sigh.

"Sigh" ... ? Well, sorry to be tedious, but you made the claim, the onus is on you to provide supporting evidence. It's got nothing to do with belief ... it's quantifiable.

No it isn't. He doesn't have to prove anything to you at all. It was a throwaway estimate of how he feels his bets go, it won't be right every time, some times he'll do better, sometimes worse, so stop picking fights please.? :shock:

Phil

« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2006, 00:01 »
No fights being picked by me, I'm not the one who threw in the indicative comment, I'm not the one who implied sides in a simple exchange of rhetoric. Perhaps I should have used 'one' instead of 'you' ... my apologies, but  the statement remains true: the onus is always on the claimant to supply evidence. I never mentioned proof.

Tags: football betting