// alex's bets

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: alex's bets  (Read 52792 times)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
Re: alex's bets
« Reply #23 on: Sep 13, 2006, 08:17 »
Yea, the CL game I had wrong I felt had draw written all over it and like you say, pumpkin, I was doing alright right till five mins from the end. Forest was an odd result and if I was to pick the games again I most likely would have picked the same five, I don't understand how Oldham managed a win at theirs, that truly is mind boggling to me. Mind, Darlo left it very late as well, would've been somewhat annoying if I had them wrong two games in a row... I'll have a fresh bet on a handful of games tonight as well but I haven't yet had a closer look at the list so I'll have to get back with that later today. It's all just a bit of fun anyway? 8)

If I'd gone for a 2/5 or 3/5 system instead of going for all five to be correct I would've had a win on my last four bets... I might just do both tonight for a larf.
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #24 on: Sep 13, 2006, 13:56 »
Righty, how's this for a?wee bet tonight:

*? Straight home win for Lyngby against ?lstykke in the Danish 1st Divison? (odds 1.25)? Correct 2-1
*? Straight home win for Man Utd against Celtic? (odds 1.30)? Correct 3-2
*? FC Copenhagen v Benfica to draw? (odds 3.00)? Correct 0-0
*? Straight home win for AC Milan against AEK Athens? (odds 1.12)? Correct 3-0
*? and a straight win for the Lads away at Leeds Utd? (odds 2.90)? Correct 0-3? :lol:

Played straight up with all five needed to be correct the bet is 15.83 times the tenner back. But for a larf am also doing the five games in a 2/5 system with ten double bets with ten kroner on each bet (about a pound).

Haven't had a win on my five game bet in a good three weeks now so a win tonight would be good heehee If not it's only a matter of time before Phil begins to grumble again? :lol:

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #25 on: Sep 13, 2006, 23:05 »
So it all rests on the Lyngby game as the other 4 are correct. Am I right in saying they won 2-1 (Holst 2)? If so, you've got a few kroner to spend my friend!? :)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 13, 2006, 23:44 »
Yup, Lyngby beat ?lstykke by two goals to one? :lol:

With the 2/5 bets as well as the five games played straight on I won just short of 2,000 kroner tonight (about ?190 or so). So from having spend ?90 on the bets since I last had a win I'm now back on track again with ?100 in profit? 8)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #27 on: Sep 14, 2006, 15:23 »
Had a wee look at tonight's UEFA Cup games and have found a lil' selection that tickles my fancy:

*? Levadia Tallinn v NUFC to end in a draw? (odds 3.55)? Wrong 0-1
*? Straight home win for Lokomotiv Moscow against Zulte-Waregem? (odds 1.22)? Correct 2-1
*? Straight win for Ajax Amsterdam away at Start? (odds 1.50)? Correct 2-5
*? Straight home win for Fenerbache against Randers FC? (odds 1.10)? Correct 2-1
*? Salzburg v Blackburn Rovers to end in a draw? (odds 3.10)? Correct 2-2

Gonna play them straight on and need all five to be correct to win. If I do then the bet is 22.15 times the tenner back.

Had a draw in both Hearts v Sparta Praghue and Trapzonspor v Osasuna (bugger 2-2) as well but in the end I decided to go for a draw for NUFC instead, hope I won't be regretting that in three hours time? :lol:

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2006, 08:23 »
My five game bet for the week-end:

*? Straight win for Bayern M?nchen away at Bielefeld? (odds 1.50)? Wrong 2-1 (Bayern were one-nil up after just three mins...)
*? Sheff Utd v Reading to draw? (odds 3.00)? Wrong 1-2 (Reading scored their first after just 16 secs...)
*? Straight home win for the Lads against Leicester City? (odds 1.50)? Wrong 1-1
*? Straight home win for West Brom against Southend? (odds 1.45)? Wrong 1-1
*? and a straight home win for ManUre against Arsenal played Sunday? (odds 1.75)? Wrong 0-1

Need all five to be correct as usual and if spot on the bet is 17.12 times the tenner back? 8)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 23, 2006, 08:20 »
What a mess the last bet turned out to be, eh, ah well, the good thing is it cannot possibly get any worse, so onwards and upwards, I say. Here's my bet for this week-end, all five games being played today:

*? Home win for Arsenal against Sheff Utd by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.70)? Correct 3-0
*? Straight away win for Chelsea at Fulham? (odds 1.33)? Correct 0-2
*? Leeds Utd v Brum to draw? (odds 3.05)? Wrong 3-2 Brum own goal at the very end :x
*? Straight away win for Man Utd at Reading? (odds 1.40)? Wrong 1-1, go figure...
*? and a straight home win for Auxerre against Sedan? (odds 1.50)? Wrong 2-2

Need all five to be correct to win but if they are the bet is 14.48 times the tenner back. Having spent ?120 now and winning ?190 in total on the bets in recent weeks a win today would be interesting? 8)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2006, 18:57 »
Righty, time to try and get back on track me thinks heehee

*? Home win for Arsenal against FC Porto by two clear goals or more? (odds 2.15)? Correct 2-0
*? Straight away win for Man Utd against Benfica? (odds 2.20)? Correct 0-1
*? Straight home win for Real Madrid against Dynamo Kiev? (odds 1.22)? Correct 5-1
*? Straight home win for Peterborough against Barnet? (odds 1.70)? Wrong 1-1
*? and a straight home win for L'pool against Galatasaray? (odds 1.30)? Correct 3-2

Need all five games to be correct to win and if so the winnings will be 12.75 times the tenner back.

The first four games are all being played tonight, the L'pool game is tomorrow.

SAFC1BeerMonster

« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2006, 23:13 »
Oh well, very unlucky mate.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 30, 2006, 07:46 »
Yup, close but no cigar, I'm afraid.

This week-end I'm going for these five games :

*? Straight away win for Arsenal against Charlton Athl.? (odds 1.50)? Correct 1-2
*? Home win for Chelsea by exactly one goal against Villa? (odds 3.75)? Wrong 1-1
*? Straight home win for the Lads against Sheff Weds? (odds 1.50)? Correct 1-0 :lol:
*? Straight away win for Celtic against Falkirk? (odds 1.22)? Correct 0-1
*? and a home win for Man Utd against Newcastle Utd by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.95)  Correct 2-0

Was also considering Sheff Utd v the Boro to end in a draw and a straight home win for Everton against Man City.

The first three games are all being played this afternoon, the last two are being played Sunday. All five games spot on will give 20.07 times the tenner back.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 07, 2006, 11:32 »
Another close call but sadly Chelsea let me down (or S?rensen was just too good in the Villa goal :lol:)

This week-end I'm going for these five games, all being played today:

*? Forest v S****horpe to draw? (odds 3.40)? Wrong 0-4
*? Straight away win for Lithuania against the Faroe Islands? (odds 1.28)? Correct 0-1
*? England to beat Macedonia by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.40)? Wrong 0-0
*? Straight home win for Denmark against Northern Ireland? (odds 1.20)? Wrong 0-0
*? and Sweden v Spain to draw? (oods 3.05)? Wrong 2-0

I have a sneaky feeling Macedonia won't be a push-over and I'd prefered a straight win for England instead but that wasn't down as an option on the odds sheet here. I also reckon the Norsemen will do well against Northern Ireland and that we'll win by more than the odd goal but I'm playing it safe and have gone for just a straight win there.

Need all five games to be correct to win; the bet is 22.29 times the tenner back if successful.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 04, 2006, 08:23 »
Righty, now that I'm finally back online it's time to get the betting slips running again. Here's my humble selection for this week-end, all being played later today:

*? Straight home win for L'pool against Reading? (odds 1.22)? Correct 2-0
*? Home win for Man Utd against Pompey by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.90)? Correct 3-0
*? Watford v the Boro to end in a draw? (odds 3.00)? Wrong 2-0
*? Straight home win for Celtic against Hearts? (odds 1.38)? Correct 2-1
*? and Newcastle v Sheff Utd to end in a draw? (odds 3.40)? Wrong 0-1 :shock:

Need all five to be spot on to win anything but if I do get them all correct the odds are 32.62 times the tenner back.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #35 from previous page: Nov 07, 2006, 16:37 »
Hmm, not the best beginning to a new betting month that, but maybe things will be better with my mid-week betting slip:

*? Straight home win for Stuttgart against Hamburger SV in the German Bundesliga? (odds 1.65)? Correct 2-0
*? Straight home win for Caen against Creteil in the French Div 2? (odds 1.40)? Correct 1-0
*? Niort v Chateauroux in the French Div 2 to end in a draw? (odds 2.60)? Wrong 2-0
*? Man Utd to win away at Southend in the League Cup by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.95)? Wrong 1-0
*? and a home win for Celtic against Falkirk in the Scottish League Cup by two clear goals or more? (odds 1.45)? Wrong 0-0

All five games are being played tonight. Need all five to be spot on to win but if they are the odds are 16.98 times the tenner back.

Tags: football betting