// Nissan

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Nissan  (Read 6184 times)

Offline greyhound lover

• Gadgie
Re: Nissan
« Reply #23 from previous page: Dec 19, 2008, 08:22 »
And the government's response to this?

Throw £78m at re-training people who have been made redundant!

What is the f*cking point of retraining people, if there are no Jobs for them???

Why not use that money to help Business's look at different markets, and actually survive in the first place, so as not to make people redundant in the first place?

Exactly!  The government are starting to piddle me off!

Also why do these damned banks not drop their interest rates, and the bl**dy energy companies not drop their prices, they're all quick enough to put them up.  If people had more money in their pockets each month, it'd lessen the blow.

And (while I'm on a rant) flippin Tyne Tees TV, who this morning reported that Nissan workers have to take a 75% pay cut in the New Year, my hubby saw the presentation at Nissan yesterday and nowhere did it say that, so stop trying to scare people you media bods, things are bad enough in this world without you making more doom and gloom!  :evil:

Advertise YOUR business

Offline SouthernExPat

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2008, 08:54 »
Exactly!  The government are starting to piddle me off!

Also why do these damned banks not drop their interest rates, and the bl**dy energy companies not drop their prices, they're all quick enough to put them up.  If people had more money in their pockets each month, it'd lessen the blow.

And (while I'm on a rant) flippin Tyne Tees TV, who this morning reported that Nissan workers have to take a 75% pay cut in the New Year, my hubby saw the presentation at Nissan yesterday and nowhere did it say that, so stop trying to scare people you media bods, things are bad enough in this world without you making more doom and gloom!  :evil:

Absolutely!!

The Media are gross in this Country!

ITV News the other night, had the two News readers sitting there, with a slowly flashing sign behind them, with the word 'Recession' flashing constantly!

Talk about Subliminal Messaging!!

As Brown seems to love his Law Creation, why doesn't he bring a law out that bans the media from talking complete and utter Bollox?!

(ah yes, sorry I forgot!...Then we would have all those Media Types out of a Job too eh?)  :wink:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead...Do not walk in front of me, for I may not Follow...Do not walk beside me...just f*ck off and leave me alone!

Offline greyhound lover

• Gadgie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19, 2008, 09:55 »

As Brown seems to love his Law Creation, why doesn't he bring a law out that bans the media from talking complete and utter Bollox?!

I entirely agree, we have enough garbage in this world!

Offline mike

• Gadgie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2009, 17:01 »
1200 jobs to go! That's really bad. Does anyone still have a job out there? Whatever next?

phil7853

« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2009, 19:58 »
If there are 1200 jobs going at Nissan then there will be 3/4000 to go in the company's that supply them  :cry:

Offline CLANSMAN

• Gadgie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2009, 22:25 »
Its all going pear shaped....

no matter how much the "goverment"  drop the interest rate...  people are still  still going to be frugal

Savers are hit....

People whom would like to spend on a new car...... are those whom may loose there job

If  life was not so greedy.....  then everyone would have a piece of pie

How can shops charge  mega bucks,  then weeks later slash the price by half on a sale   ??

Surely it would be more sense to sell cheap and often than to  sell one at full money ??

I would buy a new car every two years if they where under £10,000 for a decent quality family car

Maybe we will go like china and   must scrap it after three years old ??  and buy new to keep everyone in work ?

Thing is we have too much choice.... 

It was either  bread and jam sandwich for tea ..... or a fry up  in my day .....     not maccy d   or  pannini

We  had the choice of   British Leyland,  Ford ,  or Vauxhall  ....         till  Datsun , and Toyota and Diahatsu   flooded the UK

We had  coal,  oil,  and steel, and water....       till the  :shock:   shipped it abroad or sold it to the French

We dont miss it till its gone.....

BUY BRITISH ......  SAVE OUR OWN INDUSTRY ...... AND ECONOMY

GREEDY BANKS TRIED TO BAIL OUT THE YANKS 

BRITS BAILED OUT THE YANKS AGAIN     ( IRAQ )

AND THE BRITS PAY FOR IT AGAIN

Offline Credo

• NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000
  • Blatherskite!
  • The more people who know the less who suffer
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2009, 23:04 »
Yanks bailed out the British WW2 :lol: :lol:
Visit www.lewybody.org  The more people who know the less who suffer

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who I am talking to.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:56 »

How can shops charge  mega bucks,  then weeks later slash the price by half on a sale   ??

Surely it would be more sense to sell cheap and often than to  sell one at full money ??

The 'mega bucks' price includes their profit. The sale price is all about reducing stock. It's better to sell stock at reduced price than to not sell it at all and keep paying the storage costs. Stock eats working capital, and lack of working capital causes businesses to go bust.

Nissan has thousands of cars for which raw materials have been consumed (money paid out), standing as 'stock'. They can't sell them (no money in). The amount of money tied up in stock could make the difference between staying in business or going bust/making lots of people redundant. Now is the time to live 'hand-to-mouth' as a manufacturer.

Offline greyhound lover

• Gadgie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:01 »
Hubby went into work last night to hear the news 2nd hand as we'd already seen the news.  They let all the temps go immediately which was very sad, as hubby said they were damned good lads who worked hard

We are hoping hubby isn't one of the remaining staff to be made redundant :cry:

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:58 »
Fingers crossed for you that he'll be ok.

Offline anonymous

• Dozzle
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:48 »
Hope everything works out ok. I was once in a similar position. Not that I was losing my job, but that I was being forced to move a long way to somewhere I didn't want to go. Thankfully, in the end I didn't have to but it was a very distressing time.

Tags: