// To those no longer with us

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: To those no longer with us  (Read 716 times)

RayScollen

To those no longer with us
« on: Jul 13, 2009, 13:00 »
Does anyone else realise how less of life they have ahead of them than in days of yore.  I remember as a kid thinking that oldies were another alien race and it would never happen to me.  In my youth I tended not to think about it at all and in my middle years retirement was something to work toward and look forward to.  Now though with all the ills I tend to be prone too it's not the what I expected and as I look around (metaphorically speaking) I realise just how many of my school friends and peers have died over the last couple of years.   So I raise my glass to those who have gone before and thank God I'm not with them .

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
Re: To those no longer with us
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2009, 16:30 »
Does anyone else realise how less of life they have ahead of them than in days of yore.  ]

I wonder how many of us oldies there are on this site.  I'm pushing 72 and only started to feel old in the last three to five years.  It was when I could no longer walk more than about three hundred yards without finding a seat.  A rest of about three minutes, then off again.  Arthritis is the main problem, so I keep taking the tablets!

So, those of you who are fit, remember you are as fit now as you ever will be.  You can only go down hill from today, however old you are.

Get out and enjoy life, as this is the only chance that you get.  Don't put off for the future what you can do today.
Lancelot

Silly Milly

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2009, 11:52 »
I'm turned 68 but fortunate to still have reasonably good health. I belong to various ramblers clubs and usually have a good walk twice a week. Not so long back was talking to a lady who related some of her experiences when she worked as a land girl in the last war. The walk was undulating and about 10 miles yet she finished barely out of breath. Remarkable for her age.

Offline anonymous

• Dozzle
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2009, 13:33 »
Use it or lose it.

Tags: