// A forum parliament?

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: A forum parliament?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
A forum parliament?
« on: Apr 16, 2010, 12:47 »
I wonder if we should have a Forum Parliament?

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Victoria Sponge

• Currack
A forum parliament?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2010, 14:51 »
I wonder if we should have a Forum Parliament?

we need to decide on a democratic society or a dictatorship? before electing parties  :roll:
cat's are cool, dogs drool

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
A forum parliament?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2010, 15:43 »
I'd be interested to discuss any proposals. A managment committee could be good, with maybe a new team of moderators. I could then step back to purely admin/config tasks and the committee could run the boards, moderate and take other board decisions as an elected group.

Offline Victoria Sponge

• Currack
Re: A forum parliament?
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2010, 16:15 »
I'd be interested to discuss any proposals. A managment committee could be good, with maybe a new team of moderators. I could then step back to purely admin/config tasks and the committee could run the boards, moderate and take other board decisions as an elected group.

But didn't this function already exist before the last team of moderators were sacked by the manangement?  :wink:
cat's are cool, dogs drool

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2010, 16:18 »
Things change. It was only ever an informal arrangment, but if you want to have a go at running the forum, it's something we can sort out. If anyone is interested in doing it and has proposals as to how it might work, by all means put them forward. As I say, I'm looking to step back from the general running of it and encourage others to have a go.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2010, 13:49 »
I wouldn't mind having some sort of part in some of the areas but I'm not here every day, which has to be taken into account, of course. And anything slightly technical would be lost on me I'm afraid.

We could have our very own amusing election every six months or so where the members could cast their votes on who should be ministers of odd areas. The Minister of Love, Peace & Harmony would appeal to me :lol:

We could also have a Minister of Football (imagine the election campaign for that one hohum). A minister of Fun & Jokes (that could be a laugh). A Minister of Pubs. A Minister of Pets. A Minister of Sound & Music. A Climate Minister. A Minister of Angling & Other Outdoor Activities. A Minister of Food & Drink and so forth. And then simply give each Minister their own little section of the Forum to administrate with you still having the main say, of course, with it being your Forum and you being our Madam Speaker keeping the Cabinet in order (or is it a fella these days, can't remember).

I'd like to nominate miss Vicky Sponge as our very first Minister of Pets. Young master Shane as our first Minister of Sound & Music. Al as our Minister of Fitness. Credo as our Minister of Football. Lancelot as Minister of Telly. Gaz as Minister of the Unknown. One of the lovly Pies as our Minister of Food & Drink. Our Canadian friend as Foreign Secretary and lll lllllll lllll (sorry if spelt wrong) as our Minister of Irony. Southern-Expat, well, the choices are endless there :lol:
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Offline SouthernExPat

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2010, 13:29 »
  Southern-Expat, well, the choices are endless there :lol:

Ooo..ooo....Vote for me...PLeeease?

I want to be minister of Silly Walks....and Minister of Jolly Spiffing Banter!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead...Do not walk in front of me, for I may not Follow...Do not walk beside me...just f*ck off and leave me alone!

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:47 »
My vote is yours, use it wisely :lol:
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Tags: