// The FOX CUB DURHAM GATE SPENNYMOOR NEW PUB GRUB

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: The FOX CUB DURHAM GATE SPENNYMOOR NEW PUB GRUB  (Read 7382 times)

Offline CLANSMAN

• Gadgie
Re: The FOX CUB DURHAM GATE SPENNYMOOR NEW PUB GRUB
« Reply #11 from previous page: Apr 28, 2012, 12:57 »
I think one of the major problems has gone ?
The original manageress has gone   ....   back down the north  :mrgreen:  ?  ( Derbyshire )

So there is a new manager in office and staff morel is on the rise
New ideas new menu
Even the staff raise a smile or too

My wife was in last week for a drink with a friend
She did say the food looked OK     but it wasn't busy

She did suggest     ....   but I declined ......    even when I was told

To buy a mixed grill for £16.95  and not get an egg or pinapple ring  is SHOCKING

Rather go to   Manky MacDonald's ...   and never been there for 10 years
Bit shocked as my daughter went to a sleep over ...   and there  mother bought all the kids  Maccy D for tea/ supper treat     happy meals
My daughter has never been, or eaten the junk  and when it was given it to her ? she didn't know what to do with it
She had the fries  and left whatever was in the wrapper and slurped the drink and left it
The other kids where a bit miffed by her actions  when she stated she doesn't like it 
all her scraps soon got eaten by the others     
Is this weird ? 

I have always told my daughter the the big M stands for Manky    so she has never wanted to go in   
Maybe education  sometimes works ?

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2012, 10:04 »
Only tend to eat Sausage Egg MacMuffins if I go to MacDonalds these days (rare). Still haven't been in the new pub yet.

Offline Tessxvi

• Gadgie
  • . . . life in the Eighties
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:02 »
Interesting this.  Our local pub, the "Eagle" in Durham Lane, which has been totally anonymous for some years - just a blank sign with 'The Eagle' on it - has recently sprouted a properly painted sign with quite a decent eagle picture, and "Marstons" signs all over.  I shall await comments from our next door neighbours who are or were customers.

http://www.eagleinnpub.co.uk/

The pic in the link shows it as it was - but the link clearly shows it to be a Marstons pub.
Tessxvi

Offline Happylarry

• Babba
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2012, 20:12 »
Me and hubby visited The Fox Cub about two weeks, it wasn't really busy but we like the peace and quiet.  We have been to The Fox Cub a couple of times and found it to be ok.  This time the food arrived in a timely fashion, fajitas with a side salad and when the other half looked at his plate the side salad was covered in green mould.

He shot up full of disgust, took both our plates to the bar and complained.  The very young, shy and timid serving girl was very apologetic and said that she would replace it (we insisted without salad), to tell you the truth after seeing his salad I didn't eat anything else while there. 

What I was disgusted at was the server came back and very nervously said she had spoken to the manager and we would get our meals for free (being the honest people we are we still paid for our drinks - not that they argued about us paying).  She also said the chef had informed her that the salad was fresh and it was only kept in the fridge for 1 or 2 days !!!!!.  This poor girl was so nervous telling us all this that we didn't have the heart to argue with her (fresh !!) and in all this time the manager couldn't be bothered to come over herself and apologise even though she was on the other side of the pub chatting to friends/other customers.

If she wants to keep her customers I think good customer service wouldn't come amiss and a personal apology from her would have been nice.   :(

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2012, 23:15 »
Me and hubby visited The Fox Cub about two weeks, it wasn't really busy but we like the peace and quiet.  We have been to The Fox Cub a couple of times and found it to be ok.  This time the food arrived in a timely fashion, fajitas with a side salad and when the other half looked at his plate the side salad was covered in green mould.

He shot up full of disgust, took both our plates to the bar and complained.  The very young, shy and timid serving girl was very apologetic and said that she would replace it (we insisted without salad), to tell you the truth after seeing his salad I didn't eat anything else while there. 

What I was disgusted at was the server came back and very nervously said she had spoken to the manager and we would get our meals for free (being the honest people we are we still paid for our drinks - not that they argued about us paying).  She also said the chef had informed her that the salad was fresh and it was only kept in the fridge for 1 or 2 days !!!!!.  This poor girl was so nervous telling us all this that we didn't have the heart to argue with her (fresh !!) and in all this time the manager couldn't be bothered to come over herself and apologise even though she was on the other side of the pub chatting to friends/other customers.

If she wants to keep her customers I think good customer service wouldn't come amiss and a personal apology from her would have been nice.   :(
I've had the same happen (in another pub) where the manager hides and sends 'cannon fodder', to do the dirty work. not on is it.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline Happylarry

• Babba
« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2012, 20:13 »
You're right it's not on - if she had had the decency to come over and apologise herself we may have visited again. As it is bad food with bad service means they are never getting our business again.

Offline CLANSMAN

• Gadgie
« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2012, 00:09 »
Just had a neighbour complain about this pub grub tonight 

Think its best avoided ...   they cannot turn out crap food and let people pay for it !!

There childs meal tasted of washing up liquid ?  when complained they where given free ice cream !!
Whats the point of going out for dinner to come home hungry and upset that you have wasted your money
Do chefs not taste or see what they are serving ?
They said that there food was if it was chucked on the plate  ?
They could understand if it was full and busy  but it was very quiet     maybe this is why ?
Maybe again the staff or the management should get a grip before this place becomes a Tesco express store !

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2013, 14:02 »
Just spotted on the jobsite, they are advertising for a full time and part time chefs .......... does this mean the food will be improving?

.......... I think we will wait until others have been to find this one out though.  :wink:

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2013, 14:58 »
We were in about a week ago, chatting to the manager, who seemed a canny chap. They are about a year behind schedule, thanks to the debacle of Thinford roundabout, and until the access road is sorted they'll not be in full swing. There were plenty of people in when we were there, and the wine was ok. Didn't have any beer, but presume it'll be typical Marston's Fare.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
The Fox Cub at Durham Gate
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2014, 21:13 »
Went on Sunday for lunch. It was a very nice meal. Sunday Roast and a sweet was £7.50 each. Thick slices of meat and piping hot. Sticky toffee puds/choc sponge to finish.

Tags: