// This forum is 8 years old in May

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: This forum is 8 years old in May  (Read 632 times)

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
This forum is 8 years old in May
« on: Jan 20, 2012, 16:07 »
The first posts here were made on 7th May 2004. It seems like only yesterday when I decided to make the switch from Proboards. It's like Trigger's Broom mind, six new heads and eight new handles, but it's the same forum.  :wink:

Thanks to those who've stuck with us over the years, and the new members that haven't been around quite so long but have contributed to making this my second home. If it lasts another 8 years - now that really would be impressive.

However, I expect to be cruising on my yacht before then.  :)

Advertise YOUR business

Offline SouthernExPat

• Blatherskite!
Re: This forum is 8 years old in May
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2012, 17:11 »
Have you ever had to ban anyone?..... Do you remember, about 2 yrs ago...that Mad Muslim Fella!....... Closely followed by the BNP dude?...that was entertainment
 :clap:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead...Do not walk in front of me, for I may not Follow...Do not walk beside me...just f*ck off and leave me alone!

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2012, 20:16 »
Have you ever had to ban anyone?..... Do you remember, about 2 yrs ago...that Mad Muslim Fella!....... Closely followed by the BNP dude?...that was entertainment
 :clap:

Yeh, a few people, but they've mostly been spammers rather than disruptive influences. I've had a couple of BNP infestations. One of them appeared in the papers shortly afterward. I had journalists ringing me about him.  :doh:

Offline woodstock

• Currack
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2012, 20:19 »
so, what about you then dave - how's thr forum changed you life, and has it been worth while running this place then...?

what's your thoughts then..?

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2012, 20:26 »
so, what about you then dave - how's thr forum changed you life, and has it been worth while running this place then...?

what's your thoughts then..?

Sometimes it's been a pain in the arse. I've nearly given it up a few times. But, in the main, I've made a lot of new online friends, have actually met some of them, including alexander all the way from Denmark, and it's been an education. I've made my own mistakes, regret a few things and have even deleted my own posts when i've been an ******** (admins ain't holier than thou). I'm glad I started it though. It took a while to get going, and have had to fight against the popularity of Facebook, but things seem to be picking up a bit again, so fingers crossed.

You're a pretty good bunch of people.  8)

Offline Stromboli

• Dozzle
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 00:17 »
What, even me?

:drinks:

Cheers!

Tags: