// BT Infinity Broadband

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: BT Infinity Broadband  (Read 2712 times)

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
Re: BT Infinity Broadband
« Reply #11 from previous page: Mar 29, 2012, 09:11 »
Glad it's working for you Bossman  :wink: and seems to have gone smoothly.

When we upgrades ours at work from Total Broadband to BT Infinity, they gave us an installation date then postponed it as they "could not find out who our current broadband supplier was to get the MAC code" .......... it was themselves.  :roll:

They were also supposed to stop the billing of the Total Broadband and start the billing of the BT Infinity (all paid by Direct Debit).
They managed to start the BT Infinity billing (but not the Direct Debit bit) and also kept billing and taking the DD for the Total Broadband, then cut us off on the BT Infinity without warning us.

Last week BT Openreach did some work to the lines in the street in Horden outside one of our business properties, they managed to disconnect both the telephone line and fax/broadband line and drove away.
They had to come back out to fix the work they had done.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Tessxvi

• Gadgie
  • . . . life in the Eighties
« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2012, 13:44 »
Well, we've got it and it is up and running - touch wood.

Day 1 - engineer arrives as promised having done work at the cabinet first.  Hooked up modem to existing hub and things apparently worked.  After she departed - they didn't.  No broadband at all.  Struggled with help line (call centre in India plus me being deaf) but got the message across that the set up was not working.  Appointment fixed for the following day.

Day 2 - two engineers arrive - but one sits in van.  Man examines set up, tears hair, and sets about installing BT Infinity.  Re-wires old master socket in hall to be an ordinary socket, re-wires socket in my "study" to be new master socket.  Plays with BBC i-Player and shows me how good it is.  Carried out many tests and tells me a lot about working for BT (which is not good).  As he leaves I ask about the line filters - "not neccessary with the new master socket " he says.  Will work better without them - so I take them out.

Day 3 - DSL light is "off" more than "on" with no communication when it is so.  Book says "modem is restarting".  Hmmm.  Is this the so called settling down process ??  Eventually I take the law into my own hands and replace the line filters in all our working extension sockets.  Instant solution.  Modem OK - all lights on and steady and good communication.

Bad advert for BT.

Moral : If you have a BT engineer visit your house, lock the door behind him, hide the key and keep him on the premises for 24 hours at least.  Only release him when all is definitely fixed.  Ignore armed police outside.
Tessxvi

Offline SouthernExPat

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2012, 21:30 »
I still think they're idiots I'm afraid
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead...Do not walk in front of me, for I may not Follow...Do not walk beside me...just f*ck off and leave me alone!

Offline Tessxvi

• Gadgie
  • . . . life in the Eighties
« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2012, 21:27 »
Since then I have had an email from BT offering to upgrade my speed yet again, and all for no extra cost.  So I have gone for this, but am still in the 10 day settling down period - BT Infinity, not me - so haven't tried any speed tests.  Seems OK.

The best thing about this whole upgrade is the upload speed, so that uploading photos to websites is much faster.

Overall - a step in the right direction I think.
Tessxvi

Tags: