// The price of football

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: The price of football  (Read 2323 times)

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
The price of football
« on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:30 »
Wow, how you seen the cost of a pie at Kidderminster!  BBC News - BBC Sport Price of Football survey 2012
sedgefieldblues.com

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Re: The price of football
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:06 »
This really brings home the cost of watching what is rapidly becoming a joke. I reckon it's saving me £1,500 per season now i'm not going anymore. Money I can put towards a good holiday.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2012, 07:21 »
One of the good things about Darlington starting off in The northern league is sensible prices. No wonder some teams decline promotion and stay there.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2012, 07:52 »
Other clubs are taking advantage of Darlington's 'fame' though. West Auckland are hiking their ticket prices by 100% from £5 to £10 for the visit of the Quakers this season.

Offline compo

• Bonny Lad
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:23 »
Other clubs are taking advantage of Darlington's 'fame' though. West Auckland are hiking their ticket prices by 100% from £5 to £10 for the visit of the Quakers this season.

When Darlington visited Consett a few weeks back their following was so great it was a good pay day for Consett judging by the number of supporters they fetched.  Wish we could have a crowd like that every week.
The down side was the number of foul mouthed yobs that arrived with them, verbally abusing Consett's team, the supporters , the club and the town in general. What a bunch of muppetts.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:00 »
Very bad decision, they claim it's to cover an extra 25 stewards. They were at one time going to get an extra £6000 gate money (at £5 a head) How much do stewards get paid these days, think I'll pack Plumbing and Tiling in ! No, all they have done is create a rift and an excuse for the 'muppets', to voice/show  their opinions.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:55 »
And now we find the spoilt prima donnas are accusing referees of using 'inappropriate language'.  :shock:

BBC Sport - Mark Clattenburg: Chelsea make complaint against referee

**** the lot of 'em. I'm sick to the back teeth of them.

Offline hath

• Bonny Lad
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:42 »
west have to pay for extra 25 stewards (not sure how much they will be) if the police have to attend west (which there is every chance with the recent trouble darlo have had at away matches) have to pay for them and that wont be cheap.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:30 »

There's a good idea coming out of this, instead of disrupting  the West game, they are encouraging people to go along to the Bishop game as a 'thank you', to their hosts/landlords. Hopefully give Bish the money instead of West.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2012, 08:22 »
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline compo

• Bonny Lad
« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2012, 19:35 »
Much is being made of the fact that West doubled their prices . £5 up to £10. Most clubs in the NL. charge a £5. While everyone is condeming West Auckland , I notice no one has mentioned that Darlington charge £8 for their home games. So at the end of the season which club has raked in the most cash per head off the spectators..................................Greedy Darlington.!!!

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2012, 01:33 »
Much is being made of the fact that West doubled their prices . £5 up to £10. Most clubs in the NL. charge a £5. While everyone is condeming West Auckland , I notice no one has mentioned that Darlington charge £8 for their home games. So at the end of the season which club has raked in the most cash per head off the spectators..................................Greedy Darlington.!!!
Both sides of the story
West Auckland chief hits out (From The Northern Echo)
Poppy Appeal To Benefit From Rip Off Merchants - Darlo Uncovered
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline compo

• Bonny Lad
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:30 »
A nice touch but that does not explain when Darlington came into the N.L. they felt the need to charge on an average 50% more to watch their home matches than any other team. The only reason I can think of is greed. I don't condone what West have done and as I posted ealier Consett had a good crowd when Darlo visited [ nowhere near the 1,000+ Supporters I see regulary quoted ] but still a very good pay day for Consett. Maybe it would be a good idea to have different turnstiles and charge the home supporters the usual price and Darlo's the £8 they charge visitors.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:53 »
A nice touch but that does not explain when Darlington came into the N.L. they felt the need to charge on an average 50% more to watch their home matches than any other team. The only reason I can think of is greed. I don't condone what West have done and as I posted ealier Consett had a good crowd when Darlo visited [ nowhere near the 1,000+ Supporters I see regulary quoted ] but still a very good pay day for Consett. Maybe it would be a good idea to have different turnstiles and charge the home supporters the usual price and Darlo's the £8 they charge visitors.
no argument there, West were asked to reduce it to £8 by Mike Amos but refused.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:05 »
Nice video clip on this page (was on MotD 2 last night) re the price Arsenal were asking man City fans to pay (£62) Glad to see 900 told them to stuff it. BBC Sport - Man City fans' ticket snub backed by Premier League boss
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2013, 18:59 »
I see that clip is the 'most watched ' on the BBC today!
sedgefieldblues.com

Tags: