// New boy

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: New boy  (Read 761 times)

Offline auh91a

• Babba
New boy
« on: Oct 24, 2012, 01:03 »
Hello everyone I'm new to the NE Forum found the link on the Hebburn site so I thought I'd join up.  I was born in Hebburn more years ago than I care to remember and have lived in Australia for 48 years, married with two grown up children and still working.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Re: New boy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2012, 06:30 »
Hi there! It's been a while since we've had an 'Aussie' on the boards. Hope you enjoy it.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2012, 07:11 »
welcome to the forum
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline auh91a

• Babba
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2012, 21:40 »
Thank you Gentlemen.

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2012, 12:56 »
Hello auh91a,

You've been over there since the early 60's. Did you go on the £10 offer then?
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Offline auh91a

• Babba
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2012, 21:56 »
Yes Brother Grim I was a 10 pound Pom looking forward to the sea journey but the authorities put me on a Boeing 707 that took 36 hours to get here!

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:17 »
Wow, that must have been an eye opener. How old were you when you decided to go? Have you been back to the UK since?

Just been looking at the area you're living in. Looks nice in the Blue Mountains, with a 50 mile drive to Sydney if you want to go  :)

Offline auh91a

• Babba
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2012, 11:05 »
Hi Tadger, I was 21 and decided to go and seek my fortune in the wide world and I'm still seeking.  I've been back to the UK on a number of occassions the first time was in 1981 quite a number of years from 1964!  The last visit was in 2009 to visit my ailing Mam who has since passed away but life in Australia has been good to me but then I suppose life is what you make it.  The area I live in is an apple and stone fruit growing area but we just live on 1 acre and my place of work is about 20 minutes drive down the hill at North Richmond.
You may be interested in an organisation I belong to it's called The MV Cape Don Society a voluntary organisation charged with restoring an historic ship called MV Cape Don.  It was a lighthouse replenshment vessel of around 2000 tonnes that sailed the coast of WA servicing lighthouses and navigational bouys, check the web site MV Cape Don Society :: Cape Don Restoration :: Commonwealth Lighthouse Service we are berthed in Sydney Harbour at Balls head.

Tags: