// Broadband Speed

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Broadband Speed  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Big Al

• Kidda
Broadband Speed
« on: Jan 13, 2013, 17:18 »
Is anyone else on the Spennymoor Exchange experiencing abnormally low Broadband download and upload speeds this last week?
Mine is only 1mb at the best of times, but lately it has been around the 200kb level.

:( :( :( :(
Big Al

Advertise YOUR business

Offline mike

• Gadgie
Re: Broadband Speed
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2013, 18:56 »
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2433952627.png

This is mine in Ferryhill on Fibre Optic

Offline Big Al

• Kidda
Re: Broadband Speed
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2013, 12:33 »
Well it seems that, after 3 months or so,  I finally have a usable Broadband connection again.

The 40 emails to Orange had little effect.  :wallbash:

Several telephone conversations with Customer Support in  Mumbai (including one lasting over two hours) had no effect  :wallbash:

FIVE visits from BT Engineers had little effect  :wallbash: so:

I decided to go Public. I wrote a song called The Orange Broadband Lack-of_Connection Blues and uploaded it to YouTube here:

It got 750 hits and a lot of support but failed to budge Orange.

So I did an audio in the form of a mickey-take of 40 Shades of Green called Forty Shades of Orange' (this was my personal favourite)  and I uploaded it here:
40 Shades of Orange by Alan Prudhoe on SoundCloud - Click here to listen
Still Nothing.

So I wrote a parody of Boy named Sue called "Life ain't easy for a boy with an Orange connection:

Still nothing

So I acquired an email address to the executive suite at EE Towers (who now own Orange). I sent an email and voila success.

The Broadband was fixed within a couple of days, I got a free Router (which I didn't need but hey it was for nowt) and I got THREE MONTHS free Broadband.
I also got a telephone number to contact the Executive Suite with any problem and they ring me very Friday to make sure I  am happy with the service.

I must confess to feeling some satisfaction that I may have helped others, who unlike me do not have to time to devote to fighting for a decent Customer Support service.

Vive la Revolution kidda!!!   :D :D

Big Al