// World Record Snooker Marathon

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: World Record Snooker Marathon  (Read 1450 times)

Offline SnookerMarathon

• Babba
World Record Snooker Marathon
« on: Feb 08, 2013, 15:17 »
Hi,

I’d like to let you know about a charity event I am taking part in.

Breaking off at 7pm, on Friday 29th March, Phillip Marshall and Ross Terrington will hope to never see a snooker ball again, when the final ball is potted 3 days later on 1st April 2013.

Our aim is to play snooker continuously for 65 hours, in the hope to break a world record that currently stands at 50 hours, achieved by Gerry Cunningham and Gary McDonald back in March 2009.

It will be held at the @ Supa Snooker Consett, 6-10 Newmarket Street and every pint bought during the event, 10p will go to charity. We also are planning on having a raffle during the competition, and are looking for companies who would be willing to donate prizes.

Throughout the event, we are also hoping to raise loads of money for local charity Willowburn Hospice.

A fantastic charity and one that continues to help those suffering with an incurable illness, making their lives as comfortable as possible.
For more info about the charity visit: Derwentside Hospice Care Foundation - Willow Burn Hospice - Hospice Co Durham -

We must abide by strict Guinness World Record guideline, which involves only a 5 minute break for every hour played. We can however accumulate the minutes. For instance playing for 3 hours full would get us 15 minutes break time.

You can find out more on our Facebook page "World Record Snooker Marathon - in aid of Willowburn Hospice", and twitter @SnookerMarathon.

Donate @ Colin Pilcher is fundraising for Willow Burn Hospice

You can contact us on 07850916355 or alternatively email us at prconsettsnookermarathon@hotmail.com for more information.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Re: World Record Snooker Marathon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2013, 18:07 »
Best of luck with this. Let us know how it goes.

Offline SnookerMarathon

• Babba
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2013, 15:03 »
You may remember that a few weeks ago I provided some information about a 65 hour World Record Snooker Marathon that me (Phillip Marshall and Ross Terrington were doing over the weekend of Friday 29th March @ Supa Snooker Consett, 6-10 Newmarket Street.

Our aim was to play snooker continuously for 65 hours, in the hope to break a World Record that currently stood at 50 hours, achieved by Gerry Cunningham and Gary McDonald back in March 2009 and also to raise funds for local charity Willowburn Hospice.
I thought it would be appropriate to give people an update on how it went.

Well first of all I will mention that we completed the marathon! It was a brilliant experience and something we both really enjoyed (mine and Ross' body may disagree) however it was all for a worthy cause! The count has now passed the £1100 mark raised for Willowburn Hospice, which is a brilliant achievement seen as we set our target for £1000.

Throughout the marathon we had to abide by strict Guinness World Record guidelines, which involved only a 5 minute break for every hour played, however we could accumulate the minutes.

Evidence will be gathered and it will shortly be sent off to Guinness for verification, so fingers crossed we will hear something soon.

I would like to thank everyone who have made donations and supported us throughout the event, we really appreciated your support!

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:47 »
Well done with this mate. I hope it gets ratified and you get your name in lights.
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Tags: