// Cosy Cafe in Ferryhill

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Cosy Cafe in Ferryhill  (Read 650 times)

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
Cosy Cafe in Ferryhill
« on: Aug 28, 2016, 07:43 »
Zoe Johnson on Facebook:

Massive thumbs up to the staff in Cosy Cafe thats just opened up oppisite The Postboy! I have a friend who I take out twice a week who has Dementia and we often go out for lunch to different places. Altho he can still feed himself he needs constant promting and encouragement to eat as sometimes he can make a bit of a mess by dropping food on the floor. He may have Dementia but he is still totally aware of peoples reactions when this happens. He feels embarrassed and at times refuses to eat and needs lots of reassurance to continue to do so. The young girl serving in Cosy Cafe today obviously noticed that my friend had memory problems. She told me that they have had families come in since the 4 weeks they have been.open from the 2 nursing homes in Ferryhill. She said they were thinking about putting a Dementia friendly sign in their window to reassure people that individuals with Dementia are welcome and wont be frowned upon. Absolutly fantastic awareness at her age. You will be suprised at how many people do not have the awareness. Thank you for today and me and my friend will be back! #CosyCafe..!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168623136839431/permalink/284671468567930/
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Advertise YOUR business
Tags: