// Duke of Wellington - Durham

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Duke of Wellington - Durham  (Read 5099 times)

JonB

Duke of Wellington - Durham
« on: Mar 27, 2005, 10:34 »
What`s The Duke of Wellington like these days.
Used to use it up till 3 years ago.

JonB

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
re: Duke of Wellington - Durham
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2005, 11:40 »
Food is ok, but they stop serving barmeals at 8pm! Last time we went, we arrived at five to eight. When we saw the sign outside we rushed to get our order in before time, only to be told the kitchen was closed. When we pointed out that it wasn't yet 8 o'clock, the bar guy said they go by the clock behind the bar, which was 10 minutes fast. No food he said, so I told him where he could stick the drinks we were about to buy. We haven't been back since.  :evil:

Offline Stromboli

• Dozzle
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2005, 00:16 »
Again, as with wetherspoons this is another pre manufactured foo pub. buying all there exquisities from Brakes or some such catering supplies chain. They will not pay their staff well and will in turn receive.... not poor service from them, but much rather a reluctant one. I can well believe bossmans remarks.

The food I had there was palatable, tasty in  some respects but... well. just sorta, like yer knarr. not made on the premises!

class in a glass

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:54 »
I believe this pub dont let kids in either.....

stephen g

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2005, 16:27 »
one thing they do well is the cheese burger, not the best in the region mind, that would have to be the staek burger at the ravensworth arms at lamesley, food there is very good, good sunday lunch and things like whole grilled sea bass on the menu too

daveswheels

Duke of Wellington, Durham
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2006, 15:48 »
Was in this one for the 1st time since it's refurb. Food was very nice and they had 4 hand pulls on offer. I tried the Caledonian and it was fine.

aka Joe Bloggs

Re: Duke of Wellington - Durham
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2006, 18:39 »
We turned up a few months back for a bar meal. No children under the age of 13 I think are allowed in so unfortunately we left and went elsewhere so can't comment !

Ferryhillbilly

DUKE OF WELLINGTON
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2008, 21:34 »
Visited The Duke of Wellington tonight as it was my wifes birthday,we have been here a few times and always found it very good,with a good range of meals and five real ales, they were advertising a CURRY NIGHT starting this Thursday and every Thursday,available from 5:00pm.There will be a choice of Nine Currys(2 Vegetarian) at a cost of £5.99 this includes Curry, Pilau Rice, Naan Bread and either Abottle of Cobra, pint of Lager,Pint of Real Ale(less than 4.1%)Glassof wine or Draught Pepsi.  Also on Tuesdays they do a Grill Night a choice of six grills(all served with chips,peas and tomatoes) plus a drink as above For £5.99. We have tried these several times and found it good value for money,add to this nice pleasant surroundings, good sevice and no kids unless having a meal, makes it a great place to try.  :)

Offline greyhound lover

• Gadgie
Re: DUKE OF WELLINGTON
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:32 »
Cheers for that, I've not been since my New College days but had heard the food was good, might give it a try

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
Re: Duke of Wellington - Durham
« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2014, 09:30 »
Been in the 'Welly' quite often recently. They always seem to have plenty of people in, and the meals are ok, if not quite gourmet. There's usually a good selection of real ales on as well. It's a pleasant atmosphere in there, with friendly staff who are always willing to help. I'd recommend a visit.
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Tags: