// EastEnders

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: EastEnders  (Read 49828 times)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
EastEnders
« on: Mar 31, 2006, 09:29 »
Is it just me or is EastEnders turning into a Tarantino flick at the moment ? I keep expecting Mr. Pink to make an appearance...
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline CW

• Dozzle
  • To err is human, to purr is feline.
re: EastEnders
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:47 »
Think Grunt is great, cant stand Phil though, still the best soap IMHO :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclai

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:59 »
I think it's dire, sorry.

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2006, 14:20 »
I love EastEnders (or BeastBenders as I fondly call it) and I've really missed the Mitchell bros and am very happy they're back on the screen. I haven't missed ten episodes since Bianca & Rickyyyy got married more than a decade ago. I download the very latest episodes every night it's on the telly in the UK as well as watching it when it's shown on BBC Prime at my end (they're two episodes behind) and most weeks, if it doesn't clash with the footie, I also watch the Omnibus on Sundays. On a scale from one to ten how sad is that, eh hahaha

Offline woodstock

• Currack
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2006, 15:28 »
Its known to me fondly as 'Mindbenders'...  :D

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2006, 16:09 »
:lol:

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
Re: re: EastEnders
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2006, 22:37 »
Quote from: alexander
I love EastEnders (or BeastBenders as I fondly call it)

Wow, how sad. I can't think of anything more boring than Eastenders or Coronation Street. What rubbish, but each to his own. I prefer to watch Question Time, University Challenge and Mastermind. Nothing else other than the F1 GP interests me on TV. So apart from the F1, I watch about one and a half hours TV a week.
Lancelot

You

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2006, 05:54 »
Eastenders is humourless and depressing and everyone snaps at each other.  Horrible.  :(

We avoid it like the plague.

Offline CW

• Dozzle
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2006, 09:49 »
Sir Lancelot, us commoners have to get our fun somehow, we can sit in our chairs and tell the producers how it should be done and that a certain character would never do that etc etc  :lol:

Anyone watching Waterloo Rd ? follows eastenders on a Thursday at 8pm ?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclai

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:01 »
Yes, there is nothing pretencious about EastEnders unlike some of the "clever" shows, it's simple entertaining and I fail to grasp the people who look down at other people watching the soaps. If I see something on the telly I dislike I simply turn it off or change the channel. I would prob find the "clever" quiz shows too boring, too stiff and way too snobbish for words but then again each to their own.

Anyhoo, was merely bringing my thoughts to light, that the soap this week has taken an almost Tarantino-ish approach to it...

Offline CW

• Dozzle
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:18 »
How about last nights episode? poor Jake  :(

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:59 »
Yes, I was told the plot about a month ago and that the Mitchell bros would be saved in the very last minute by someone with a gun but I thought it would be Ruby or maybe even the luvly Sharron who would come to their rescue. It was a surpirse to me that it was Jake. Now the writers can munsh on his personal issues for the next two months turning him into a completely different character, I think. I just hope they won't drag it out too long. It's good to have Ruby back with Stacey again, though, I never quite understood why she had to return to pick up a few bits a couple of weeks back, there wasn't really any point in that was there ? I predict a love triangle with her, Stacey and the young and handsome Ginger lad soon. When the two had a dinner planned this week and his "lasagne" was on fire... can he be more cute hahaha

For a while now I've been a bit annoyed about the Honey lass Billy is seeing. The character is stupid beyond belief and when her pa gave her unborn child a grand this week and she asked "Is that really why they call it 'granddad' ?" I lost the last bit of respect for the character I had left. She's just so annoying and I cannot imagine anyone in real life being that stupid. Mind, Billy sure knows how to find them, eh  :lol:  At least he has some value on the Square, that Honey lass just seems to be a filler for me, easily forgotten when she hopefully leaves soon.

I reckon the whole prison thing with Joe will go on the next couple of weeks growing in stature and I cannot wait to watch the Growler woman's reaction when she does find out. Bet dear ol' Mrs. C (sorry but she will always be Mrs. C to me, I miss Nigel and his colourful shirts so much) will find out first and I have a sneaky feeling she will tell Pauline the truth who then doesn't believe her just as Joe walks in on the two having yet another fight at the laundry before Pauline confronts him on the spot...

Did you see the footage when the BBC breakfast show went live to the Square recently to celebrate the soap's 21st ? The behind the scenes look was interesting.

By the way, did you notice Jake left his brothers mobile in the woods as well ? The same mobile used to take a pic of Phil just before Danny was shot. I reckon that will come back to haunt him when Danny's body is found one day...

Tags: