// EastEnders

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: EastEnders  (Read 50554 times)

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
re: EastEnders
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:59 »
Yes, I was told the plot about a month ago and that the Mitchell bros would be saved in the very last minute by someone with a gun but I thought it would be Ruby or maybe even the luvly Sharron who would come to their rescue. It was a surpirse to me that it was Jake. Now the writers can munsh on his personal issues for the next two months turning him into a completely different character, I think. I just hope they won't drag it out too long. It's good to have Ruby back with Stacey again, though, I never quite understood why she had to return to pick up a few bits a couple of weeks back, there wasn't really any point in that was there ? I predict a love triangle with her, Stacey and the young and handsome Ginger lad soon. When the two had a dinner planned this week and his "lasagne" was on fire... can he be more cute hahaha

For a while now I've been a bit annoyed about the Honey lass Billy is seeing. The character is stupid beyond belief and when her pa gave her unborn child a grand this week and she asked "Is that really why they call it 'granddad' ?" I lost the last bit of respect for the character I had left. She's just so annoying and I cannot imagine anyone in real life being that stupid. Mind, Billy sure knows how to find them, eh  :lol:  At least he has some value on the Square, that Honey lass just seems to be a filler for me, easily forgotten when she hopefully leaves soon.

I reckon the whole prison thing with Joe will go on the next couple of weeks growing in stature and I cannot wait to watch the Growler woman's reaction when she does find out. Bet dear ol' Mrs. C (sorry but she will always be Mrs. C to me, I miss Nigel and his colourful shirts so much) will find out first and I have a sneaky feeling she will tell Pauline the truth who then doesn't believe her just as Joe walks in on the two having yet another fight at the laundry before Pauline confronts him on the spot...

Did you see the footage when the BBC breakfast show went live to the Square recently to celebrate the soap's 21st ? The behind the scenes look was interesting.

By the way, did you notice Jake left his brothers mobile in the woods as well ? The same mobile used to take a pic of Phil just before Danny was shot. I reckon that will come back to haunt him when Danny's body is found one day...
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline CW

• Dozzle
  • To err is human, to purr is feline.
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2006, 11:43 »
I knew Jake was going to be the shooter as it was on digitalspy a few weeks ago, I like Ruby but think she looks more at home in the stately manor than at the Slater's :)
Saw the phone left, presumed the pic of Phil never got taken, then again it could be as you say and come back to spring up another dead storyline  :)

Honey gives brunettes a bad name LOL

Am sick and tired of the Joe plot and cant stand his mate.

Absolutely adore the new Wicks family dad, is it Kevin they call him, fits right in, love im  :wink:

Ginger grandson is a good character too, still wondering of they are going to turn him into a homicidal maniac  :lol:  :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclai

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
Re: re: EastEnders
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2006, 21:42 »
Quote from: cat woman
How about last nights episode? poor Jake  :(

But it's only a story. If it's not true what is the point of watching? The writer can put in anything he/she wants to.

There must be something wrong with my mind. I've never been able to watch a film or TV programme if it has been written by a script writer as an untrue story. I don't see the point. I might as well spend my time doing something else.
Lancelot

Offline CW

• Dozzle
« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2006, 23:33 »
There must be something wrong with my mind. I've never been able to watch a film or TV programme if it has been written by a script writer as an untrue story. I don't see the point. I might as well spend my time doing something else.

Have you never been to the theatre, opera or ballet ? they are all from someones imagination.

I liken it to doing crosswords, if you do the same newspaper crossword every day you get into kind of knowing how the creator thinks and the clues become easier to follow, if you watch a soap regularly you can second guess what is happening. Bit like mental arithmetic  :lol:  :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclai

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2006, 23:39 »
Have you never been to the theatre, opera or ballet ? they are all from someones imagination.

I have, but I lack an imagination. I'm bored stiff with such things. If it's not factual, what's the point?
Lancelot

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2006, 23:43 »

Have you never been to the theatre, opera or ballet ? they are all from quote]

If I need a sleep I go to bed.  I can't see the point of getting involved in fiction. Now a documentary - that's a different thing.
Lancelot

Offline CW

• Dozzle
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2006, 23:53 »
If I need a sleep I go to bed.

:lol:

then again half the documentary are only shown from the spin the producer decides to put on them, fact like fiction can be manipulated.

Of to bed for me, not a night hawk like you Lancelot  :)

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2006, 00:00 »
If I need a sleep I go to bed.

:lol:

then again half the documentary are only shown from the spin the producer decides to put on them, fact like fiction can be manipulated.

Of to bed for me, not a night hawk like you Lancelot  :)

Very true Cat Women. Off to bed so early? But thankfully, being retired, I don't need to get up 'till about 7.30am. I never understand why anyone needs more than about 5 hours sleep a night. I'm awake at 6am if I go to bed at 1am. I'm able to listen to the neighbours off to work. Car doors banging, Diesel engines starting up, and I'm snug in bed.
Lancelot

You

« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2006, 05:18 »
Quote from: Lancelot

I'm bored stiff with such things. If it's not factual, what's the point?

It's just a matter of personal taste.

Soap operas are chewing gum for the eyes.  In todays busy world people need time to relax, disengage their brains and roominate.

However I can't relax and do that with Eastender because I find it quite annoying.

Next time it's on, watch how all the characters seem to deliver their lines like machine gun fire and bounce off each other like ping-pong balls.  Normal people don't talk to each other like that.  :shock:

And I'm not even going to mention that wobbly head thing which Ross Kemp calls acting.  He must''ve gone to the Roger Moor eyebrow school of acting.  :lol:  :roll:

Chompish

« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2006, 12:07 »
Does nobody actually think that Honey looks like Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummidge? Spitting image I say.

Offline CW

• Dozzle
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2006, 12:28 »
yeah i said the same when i first saw Honey, Aunt Sally's double, think she looks less so now they have changed her hair a little.

Like You's chewing gum for the eyes phrase  :lol:

Offline woodstock

• Currack
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2006, 13:06 »
Quote from: Chompish
Does nobody actually think that Honey looks like Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummidge? Spitting image I say.

she's a real cutie tho...

Offline alexander

• Blatherskite!
  • The Dalai Viking has spoken
« Reply #23 from previous page: Apr 03, 2006, 15:18 »
I don't know Worzel Gummidge  :cry:
You're born alone, you die alone.  Anything in between is make believe.

Tags: