// 2011 dont go burning your self out trying to loose weight. use these simple tips

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: 2011 dont go burning your self out trying to loose weight. use these simple tips  (Read 5727 times)

Offline firstcallfitness

• Kidda

With the festive season behind us it often leaves us with a little baggage often in the form of a few pounds.
And keep in mind guys all it takes is an extra 500 calories every day for 7 days to put on a 1lb.

So if we say we got into the Christmas spirit early say the 1st of December  and its now  say the 1st of January that’s a good 4-5lb(2kg) and considering that  a healthy  rate of weight loss is 1lb a week well it just shows you how much we let go at Christmas,

Remember though guys I said all it takes is an extra 500 calories .
I was in Tesco earlier this month and bought a cake were 1/6 of the cake was 640cal ( and who eats a 1/6 of a cake really because I know I don’t).

So whether  your going full steam ahead into the gym this month  or just going to tweak your diet please , take a few things away from my post guys to help you drop the Christmas weight safely and steadily.

Eat steadily throughout the day   

If you eat steadily through the day you keep your blood sugar level in the safe zone.
You will be less likely to snack because you will feel fuller for longer and you will stop your blood sugar level dropping  which can eventually burn out your adrenal glands in a way which brings about early menopause. (Always eat breakfast)
You will stop your blood sugar level spiking which makes your pancreas release insulin to drop it, if you abuse this system your pancreas eventual gives up, when this happens you have adult onset diabetes (type II).
All food has a GI rating (glycemic index) the lower it is the slower and more steadily it will release sugar into your body which is what we want.( sweet potatoes, most fruit, ravioli and beans)
The higher the GI the faster it releases into your body spiking your blood sugar level which is what we don’t want.( chocolate, white bread, instant white rice)

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/- for a good list

Don’t reduce your calorie intake to much

You only need a calorie deficit of about 200-300 calories to steadily loose weight. Any larger and your body will switch to starvation mode thinking it is getting depraved of food and storing everything  as fat.

Add a little muscle

This is for the women too, just hear me out.
Girls you may already be put off by the title, but you lack the testosterone levels to add a lot off muscle mass, so your not going to look like a body builder after a resistance training work out, but it will still benefit you.
And guys adding lean muscle mass takes a lot of time and effort so the  chance of getting to the ripped beef cake look in 30 days is really not going to happen, takes time and effort, your looking at 1kg of muscle every 2 week..
But the with a little weights training you will add muscle mass which means your body has to burn more calories just keeping the new muscle up and running, which if you add up over the week your going to cheekily burn a hell of a lot more calories than just exercising alone. Below are a few more reasons to pick up the weights.

Increased After burn - High intensity strength training can actually help you burn extra calories for hours after your workout
Prevents loss of lean body mass that happens from dieting and/or aging
Burning calories - While strength training doesn't burn as many calories in one sitting as cardio, it does contribute to your overall calorie expenditure
Changes your body comp, which helps shape your body and keep you healthy
Strengthens bones and connective tissue along with muscles
Keeps you strong and active as you get older
Improves coordination, balance and may help prevent injuries

The bottom line is, strength training is important for almost any fitness goal, whether you want to lose fat, gain muscle or just get in better condition

Its not how much crap you eat, its how often

Your body is an advanced machine it becomes very efficient when it knows what’s going on. So if your diet is fairly good throughout the week, your body becomes efficient  and keeps fat storage to a minimum as well as improving its ability to get rid of waste.
If your body knows that week in week out it is going to be getting good clean calories, it knows that on a week end you slacken off a little bit, but come the Monday its back to clean eating, it will become efficient at getting rid of the crap you eat on a weekend.
So eating a whole chocolate cake in  one go is better for you than a piece a day.
Its not how much its how often.

Don’t go in all guns blazing

Many people loose interest and motivation after the first month because they go into the gym all guns blazing and burn themselves out before they even start.
Take your time guys slow and steady wins the race.

Water every where

Water guys we need it, just a 3% drop in hydration and you become seriously ill.
And for every 1 degree that our body has to raises the temperature of cold water, yep you guessed it 1 calorie burned.

|Drinking more water raises our metabolism which helps us utilise efficiently the food we eat and burn calories.

Also thirst is very often mistook for hunger, you wont feel the urge to snack if your hydrated.

If you go to the toilet and your urine is yellow then your already dehydrated, try and pee clear twice a day.

Good look guys in 2011 and remember slow and steady wins the race, one change at a time.

Adam
Personal trainer
“Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”

Advertise YOUR business

Offline Lancelot

• Currack
Adam - I've got to study what you've said in more detail, but thanks.  At mid 70s in age and 6ft 3ins and 19 stone 5 pounds and type 2 diabetic I'm doing my best to get my weight down and control the intake of sugar and fat.  It's not easy but at my age I'm starting to think why bother.
Lancelot

Offline iribf press

• Gadgie
Some good tips there, Firstcallfitness. Adam, it's never too late to start eating and drinking healthily.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
I bought a 'lose weight', book 30 yrs ago. On page 1 it said, the secret is eat less, move around more, the rest of this book is just bumf! On the last page it repeated the statement! with, told you so!
My method for years was a 7.00 pm cut off point for food! Eat like a horse in the mornings but lost my excess!
sedgefieldblues.com

Tags: