// Thinford roundabout nearly completed cost £8 million quid explain ?

Advertise YOUR business

Author Topic: Thinford roundabout nearly completed cost £8 million quid explain ?  (Read 11922 times)

Offline Legend

• Dozzle
Has anyone heard anything about which commercial companies are moving onto the site? The Durham Gate website mentions up to 3,000 jobs. I wonder who will be offering these jobs?
The North East Forum

Forums for North East England and County Durham. Chat with other Mackems, Mags and Smoggies. Sport and other stuff for lads 'n' lasses.

Advertise YOUR business

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
Dont pass that way often but even I'm sick of still being worked on.
sedgefieldblues.com

Offline Credo

• NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000
  • Blatherskite!
  • The more people who know the less who suffer
is it only me that thinks putting lights on  roundabout defeats the object of a roundabout. A roundabout is placed on junctions to control the flow of traffic so why then if people follow the rules of a roundabout do we need lights on as well. The roundabouts at the A1M junction in Chester le Street and the A690/A19 junction are prime examples of why not, on a number of occasions at both areas I have been sat held by the lights with NO traffic coming from my right so I could in theor. have gone if the lights had not been there 

Visit www.lewybody.org  The more people who know the less who suffer

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who I am talking to.

Offline mike

• Gadgie
Why put traffic lights up for pedestrians now. 1000's of Black and Decker workers have managed for the  last 50 years. Do you think it has aythng to do with the dozens of Council workets that work in the new Building?

Offline mike

• Gadgie
I also walk past here twice a day and its been around 2 weeks since i last saw a workman. Also the traffic lights have been there a month and.they still
 dont.work.

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
The amount of time it's taking is laughable really. I know it's been made more difficult because of traffic, but you can hardly say that people have been working around the clock to finish it. Every time we pass through, no-one appears to be working at all. The cones have just made it worse, and the layout just looks and feels wrong to me. Is there anyone around who has worked on it that could maybe comment?

Offline flooky

• Gadgie
I nearly had a heart attack last night.

After having a weeks holiday last week, I travelled back from work last night via Thinford .......

...... and they have only took the bl&&dy cones away and got the lights installed and working  :shock:

.... just wondering when the first accident will be OR more likely, the first case of road rage when two vehicles heading the same way find the lanes go from two into one.  :roll:

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Another thing - it seems the directions as to which lane you need to be in are written on the road (not unique to Thinford I know), but as the lanes will spend most of the time obscured by traffic, how are people supposed to know which lane goes where? It all seems vastly over complicated to me.

Offline mike

• Gadgie
The first accident involving 2 cars was this morning at around 9 am. No-one hurt.   :wallbash:  I can see the roundabout from my work...

Offline Durham Forum

• "Giggity giggity!"
  • Admin
  • Blatherskite!
Are you in the Livin office block then mike? Keep us informed of any other incidents.

Offline mike

• Gadgie
No, not in there. Will keep you informed though.

Offline mike

• Gadgie
I went to work yesterday and noticed the Thinford Inn was boarded up. The rumour is that it is going to be a Toby Carvery. Also there is planning permission notice up outside McDonald's, stating that the 2 garages are to be demolished and presumably rebuilt?. The notice also reads a new fast food outlet which i have heard is a KFC.

Offline tilerman

• Dozzle
Re: Thinford roundabout nearly completed cost £8 million quid explain ?
« Reply #23 from previous page: Nov 06, 2012, 21:39 »
A plus side to all this upheaval is it only took me a few minutes to get out of the thinford inn road in rush hour yesterday. usually 20 mins plus
sedgefieldblues.com

Tags: thinford roundabout